Restaurants have a high demand for clean water. From food preparation and dishwashing to ice machines, steamers, and coffee makers, clean water is essential for the safe and efficient operation of any restaurant.
Water filtration, reverse osmosis, and water softening are important clean water solutions for restaurants to remove many different contaminants from the water supply. Not only is this about maintaining cleanliness, but it’s also about improving the taste of food and drinks. All restaurants need pure, clean water to keep patrons safe and to encourage them to return.
Water Treatment Systems Done Right
Clean Water Solutions For Restaurants
Disinfection methods can include chlorination, ultraviolet light, use of heat, clarification or the removal of solid particles, and chemical disinfection. Here are some of our restaurant clean water solutions:
- Reverse Osmosis or RO uses special technology to remove a large portion of the contaminants by pushing pressurized water through a semi-penetrable membrane. RO systems use pressure to push water through a semi-permeable membrane. This system can remove up to 99% of contaminants, including bacteria, viruses, chemicals, and minerals.
- Our Water Filtration System uses activated carbon filters which trap odors when molecules attach to the outside of the filter, rather than passing through it. Carbon block filters remove chlorine, odor, any foul tastes, and some organic contaminants from your restaurant’s water. These filters are a good option for improving the taste and odor of drinking water but do not remove bacteria, viruses, or minerals. Carbon block filters are relatively inexpensive and easy to maintain. They can be used alone or in conjunction with other filtration systems.
- Ultraviolet Light Filtration System. UV light filtration systems use ultraviolet radiation to kill bacteria and viruses in your water. These systems are effective against a wide range of contaminants, but do not remove chemicals or minerals. UV light filtration systems are typically less expensive than RO systems and are easy to maintain. They are a good option for pre-treating water before it enters an RO system or for treating water that is already relatively clean and contaminant-free.
- The Water Softener System, also known as an Ion Exchange System, removes the hard ions of magnesium and calcium, replacing them with “softer” ions. Water softeners remove hard minerals from water, such as calcium and magnesium. This can help to prevent scale buildup in appliances and extend the lifespan of equipment. Water softeners are a good option for restaurants that have hard water.
Soft Water Cleans Better
By reducing scale buildup in plumbing and pipes with the installation of a complete water softening system, you can make sure that your washing machines, dishwashers, ice machines, and other water-powered equipment are not being slowly compromised by hard water. This reduces the frequency of equipment repairs or replacements, leading to significant cost savings over time.
In dishwashers, hard water minerals react with detergent, forming a filmy residue that clings to the dishes. This soap scum reduces overall cleaning effectiveness, leaving dishes with a cloudy or greasy film and spots on drinking glasses. Soft water cleans dishes better and leaves glasses, cups, and plates free from water spots and film.
Hard water minerals can also block and clog dishwasher spray jets, hindering their ability to reach and remove food particles effectively. These minerals can also etch delicate surfaces like glassware, leaving them dulled and cloudy over time.
As hard water minerals build up inside the dishwashers over time, especially on heating elements, pumps, and spray arms, they have reduced efficiency, increase your energy consumption, and can eventually lead to component failure. Hard water also accelerates the corrosion and failure of metal parts in the dishwasher, leading to leaks, malfunctions, and costly repairs.
Scale buildup leaves unsightly stains and deposits on sinks, bathtubs and showers, fixtures, and surfaces. Soft water keeps fixtures and bathrooms sparkling and aesthetically pleasing, enhancing guest experience, and potentially reducing complaints.
Contact Us Below For Water Filtration System Installation
Best Water Treatment Solution for Restaurants in Central Florida
The best clean water solution for your restaurant will depend on your specific needs and budget. It is important to consult with a water treatment professional to assess your current water quality and determine the best system for your needs.
Here are some additional tips for ensuring clean water in your restaurant:
- Monitor your water quality regularly.
- Maintain all of your water filtration systems on a regular basis.
- Clean and sanitize your food and beverage equipment regularly.
- Teach your employees about the importance of safe food handling practices.
By taking these steps, you can help to ensure that your restaurant is providing clean and safe water for your customers and employees.
For nearly 40 years, Ideal Water Solutions has provided the very best, state-of-the-art water treatment systems to residential homes, commercial businesses, hospitals, hotels, manufacturing plants, restaurants, and other commercial enterprises. Our team of water treatment experts offers reverse osmosis, filtration, water softening treatments, and sterilization systems that can improve your water and bring it up to better than EPA-regulated standards here in Florida.
If you’re looking to serve and use high-quality water in your restaurant, give us a call today to get the facts about how we are uniquely qualified to provide you with perfectly pure water one drop at a time.